Terms & Conditions
1. The organizer reserve the right to reject any entry without showing any reason. The rejected competitor can appeal to the organizer at least 48 hours before the commencement of the championship.
2. Entry fees paid are not refundable. However, if a competitor is unable to participate in the championship he/ she is entitled to nominate another competitor as a substitute, provide that the registration is made not later than 2 days before the commencement of the championship.
3. Competitors shall take part in the above championship at their own risk. The organizers and the M.L.M Academy officials and any of the participants shall not be held responsible for any accident or injurious (serious or otherwise) which may be caused to any participant during the competition.
4. All competitors shall participate in the above championship at their own expenses and no claim whatsoever will be entertained.
5. All competitors are required to bring a Doctors certificate to the effect, and A/C certificate that he/ she is fit to take part in the M.L.M Academy competition.
6. All competitors must be dressed in proper Martial Art Uniform and are advised to wear their own groin protector as a precaution against injuries
7. The body weight of each competitors for each weight class will be checked by the officials before the commencement of the tournament. Anyone who is found to exceed the weight as stated in the entry form is liable to be disqualified or may be permitted to compete in the appropriate weight class. the referee reserves the right to inquire any competitor to have his body weight re-checked again during bout in case of doubt.
8.Tickets once booked cannot be exchanged or refunded
The promoter must provide Doctors Medical Scales for all official weigh-ins. These scales should be made available to all fighters at least one day prior to the day of the official weigh-in .
1. FIGHTING RULES
a. The fighter must present himself to the side judge nearest his corner to have his safety equipment inspected. Fighters not to wear any form of jewels at this inspection or during the fight.
b. After the fighter has been inspected by the judge, he will wait to enter the ring until told to do so by the referee.
c. Fighters will enter the ring touch the gloves. They will assume a fighting stance and wait for the command Fight from the referee.
d. Time shall be ONE THREE (3) Minute round for all elimination matches.
e. Time shall be TWO (2) Minute rounds, with ONE minute rest between rounds in all finals.
f. The time will only be stopped on the command of the referee. The time is not stopped to award points of penalties unless the referee feels it necessary. the referee is not allowed to talk to the fighters during the match unless he has stopped the time.
g. Fighters may have one coach and one second in their corner during the match. Both must remain in the Coaches Box throughout the match.
h. No coaching will be allowed while the match is in progress.
i. Only the referee may ask for time to be stopped. A fighter may require time to stopped , to adjust safety equipment or check an injury. The referee does not have to stop time if he feels it will take away the advantage from other fighter. Time- stops shall be kept to a minimum.
j. If the referee feels a fighter is using is using time- stops to rest or to prevent his opponent from scoring, a warning shall be given and the fighter may be disqualified for delay of the match or refusing to fight.
2. LEGAL TARGET AREAS
a. HEAD : face, side, back and forehead.
b. TORSO : Front and side
c. LEG : Below mid-calf (foot Sweeps are allowed)
3. ILLEGAL TARGET AREAS
a. Top of the head
b. Back of the torso (Kidneys and Spine)
c. Top of the shoulders
d. Neck : Front, side
e. Below the belt (except for foot sweeps)
4. LEGAL TECHNIQUES
a. KICKS : All kicks allowed
b. HANDS : Punch, back fist, ridge hand, hook.
c. FOOT SWEEP : To score with a foot sweep the attacker must remain on his feet at all times. If the execution of footstep the attacker touches the floor with any part, no score will be given. A score will be awarded to the attacker if his opponent touches the floor with any of his body other than his feet.
d. GROUND ATTACKS : A fighter may attack an opponent on the ground on the ground provided he does so before the referee has called stop . If an attacker executes a kick to an opponent who is on the ground, he must have one foot on the floor during the kick. Stamps to the head on a downed fighter are not allowed.
e. SPECIAL NOTE : Because it is very dangerous to strike with the back of the heel, it must be strictly Emphasized that the attacking fighter must extend his foot in such a manner that the sole (bottom) of the foot is used as the striking area when executing the following kicks. Axe hook and spinning hook.
f. Grabbing is allowed but only for 3 seconds to score with legal technique.
5. ILLEGAL TECHNIQUES AND ACTIONS
a. Attacks with any technique other than those mentioned in section .
b. Avoiding or refusing fight.
c. Falling or dropping to the floor without due case.
d. Leaving the fighting area :- If a fighter leaves the area (exists) without being pushed, kicked or knocked out by his opponent it will be seen as a voluntary exit and will receive a warning from the referee. On the third exit the fighter will lose one point. The fourth time the fighter leaves the area he shall be disqualified (warning) will be carried out throughout the match)
e. Attacks with malicious contact (excessive)
f. Unsportsman like conduct :- A fighter shall have only one warning, then the normal procedure for penalty and disqualification shall be followed. However, in the case of gross unsporstman like conduct, the fighter may be disqualified on the first offense.
g. Attacking an official either inside or outside the ring :- Pushing, grabbing without any other purpose , spitting or even attempting any of these actions shall result in immediate disqualification. In the event that any of these actions are made by a coach or tournament site and the member or official of the fighters county, the fighter may be penalized or the person involved may be removed from the hall or tournament site and the matter turned over to the WAKO disciplinary committee.
a. A legal technique strikes a legal target. The authorized striking area of the hand or foot must made clean contact. The official must actually see the technique strike the target. Awarding points based on the sound of the strikes is not allowed. enough power and force must be held back (in reverse), so that if it had been used it could have injured, disabled or stunned an opponent and left the fighter using the technique in the position of advantage.
Special note : All techniques must be used with reasonable power any techniques that simply touches or brushes an opponent will not be scored.
b. If a fighter jumps in the air or attack, he must land inside the ring to score.
c. Evaluation of difficulty .
1. Punch 1pt
2. Kicks to the body 1pt
3. Foot seep 1pt
4. Kick to head 2pts
5. Jumping kicks to body 2pts
6. Jumping kicks to head 3pts
Note :no scores will be awarded for follow-ups to foot sweeps.
d. After every recognized score the command stop will be given and an immediate vote to indicate who scored, will be given by all ring officials.
e. The winner will be the fighter with the most points at the end of the time.
f. In the case of a fighter gaining 10 pts. Margin, he will be declared the winner.
g. Other methods of warning : disqualification, walkover.
h. Expiration of time and score :The officials shall call for a vote to determine if the score landed before or after time experied
a. Warning will be carried through the match.
b. 1 st violation.. Warning
2 nd violation..Award penalty point
3 rd violation Disqualification
8. SPECIAL NOTE
a. Warning for leaving the area will be kept as a separate issue from warning for other offensives
b. Gross and serious rules violations may be handed with a penalty point even disqualification in extreme cases.
c. Any time that a referee thinks that a disqualification is necessary, he shall confer with all the judges and the technical director of semi-contact to ensure that the proper procedures are being applied.
d. A fighter cannot receive a point and a warning at the same time.